'Kinabalu is the name of Malaysia's highest mountain, Moun Kinabalu. It derives from the Kadazan word, 'Aki Nabalu'. Meaning 'the revered place of the dead. Mount Kinabalu is located in Sabah (Borneo) at Kinabalu Park - Malaysia's first UNESCO World Heritage Site declared in 2000 for its outstanding biological attributes.
Diatomaceous earth is naturally occurring sand extracted from the earth. It is made from fossilized remains of microscopic algae known as Diatom and made mainly out of silica compounds.
- Biodegradable - It is made out of the earth and does not harm the environment.
- Water Absorbent - It absorbs water and will evaporate the moisture.
- Heat Insulator - Your pot can go from the stove and straight onto this material.
- Odour Absorbent - Diatom is known to use as a deodorant material.
- Anti Bacterial - Since there is no moisture, it's not a suitable environment for bacteria.
- Not stain proof. If accidents happen, immediately use your hand to clean the surface under running water and let it dry.
- Prolonged water submersion will reduce its ability to absorb moisture in the long run.
Colours: Dark Grey, Light Grey
*Product's colour may slightly vary from the pictures.
Ranging from 90 to 145 (L) x 85 (W) x 8.5mm (H)
*Please allow 1-5mm difference due to fabrication limitations.
Included in a set:
- A set of 4 coasters
- A complimentary standee.
- Daily, let dry and best to use the standee after usage. Do not put it in the dishwasher and do not submerge it in water.
- Even though this product is strong, it can still chip, crack or break. Please handle it with care.
- Diatom is not stain-proof. But if accidents happen like food or coloured drink spill, immediately clean the surface by hand running water and let it dry.
- When this product is not perfect to be a coaster or trivet anymore, sand it using sanding paper, place it in a tea or herb filter pouch (or anything similar) and place it in the wardrobe, shoe rack, etc to be repurposed as a dehumidification and deodorant agent.